HUD/Foreclosed Homes in Rochester, New York
The City of Rochester's Home Purchase Assistance Program Grant (HPAP) provides down payment and closing cost assistance to first-time buyers who meet program requirements. Grants of up to $3,000 are available for closing cost assistance to first-time buyers who are income eligible.
View the Press Release here
- Homes must be located in the City of Rochester and must be one or two-family properties.
- Buyers must contribute $1,500 of their own funds
- Buyers must live in the property for five years
- Buyers must qualify for a conventional, FHA, VA or SONYMA mortgage loan
- Buyers must attend pre-and post-purchase homebuyer training
- Eligible buyers must have a median family income below 120 percent, as outlined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
To be eligible for program funds, buyers must first submit a Home Buyer Services application and obtain eligibility paperwork before executing a purchase offer with a seller.
Once program funds are committed, eligible buyers must submit their purchase offer, complete the pre-purchase home buyer education and secure a mortgage commitment within 90 days.
Program Participation Forms
Please send an e-mail to [email protected] to obtain an application or for further information.
Information provided by http://www.cityofrochester.gov/article.aspx?id=8589947424