Other ResourcesFirst Time Home Buyer Programs-Rochester, New York
HUD/Foreclosed Homes in Rochester, New York
Buying Verses Renting
Home Purchase Assistance Program
The City of Rochester's Home Purchase Assistance Program Grant (HPAP) provides down payment and closing cost assistance to first-time buyers who meet program requirements. Grants of up to $3,000 are available for closing cost assistance to first-time buyers who are income eligible.
View the Press Release here
- Homes must be located in the City of Rochester and must be one or two-family properties.
- Buyers must contribute $1,500 of their own funds
- Buyers must live in the property for five years
- Buyers must qualify for a conventional, FHA, VA or SONYMA mortgage loan
- Buyers must attend pre-and post-purchase homebuyer training
- Eligible buyers must have a median family income below 120 percent, as outlined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
To be eligible for program funds, buyers must first submit a Home Buyer Services application and obtain eligibility paperwork before executing a purchase offer with a seller.
Once program funds are committed, eligible buyers must submit their purchase offer, complete the pre-purchase home buyer education and secure a mortgage commitment within 90 days.
Program Participation Forms
- Program Highlights
Please send an e-mail to homebuyer@cityofrochester to obtain an application or for further information.
Information provided by http://www.cityofrochester.gov/article.aspx?id=8589947424